Best answer

Jira Software Cloud: Jira board not showing up as project option for action

• 4 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am trying to set up a zap between Google Forms and a Jira Kanban Board so that when a new form is submitted, a new issue is automatically created in Jira. I am using Jira Cloud Software and the board is company-managed software. I have administrator permissions on the board in Jira, but when I go to set up the action in Zapier, the board does not show up as one of the projects. 

Is this a permissions issue in Jira? Or perhaps there is another setting that needs to be configured? 

Many thanks in advance for any advice or guidance you can provide!

icon

Best answer by app_support 13 April 2023, 00:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Meg L. 

Good question.

If you have many Boards in Jira, then you may need to hit the load more button to continue to load the available options to select.

Alternatively, as a workaround, if you know the Board ID (usually found in the browser URL), then you can use the ‘Custom’ mapping option to set a static value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Meg L. , I know it’s been a minute but I wanted to circle back around and make sure you were able to find a solution on your Google Forms to Jira Zap. Did you have any questions on getting more options to load or setting up the custom mapping option? 

Here’s an additional resource that breaks down static vs. dynamic options for future use 😊

This is also happening to me with Jira Software Cloud. I’m hitting the “load more” button and searching by project ID and it is still not showing up. Is there something I need to do in Jira to allow the project to show up?

-Maegan

Scratch that, figured it out. I had to reconnect the Jira Software Cloud app. The version updated, and after that the newer project showed up :D. I have a hunch that only the projects that were created at the time the app was connected will show up as available projects.  

-Maegan

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @app_support 

Great to hear you were able to get everything resolved. 😊