Question

Jira Software Cloud error: You do not have permission to view attachment with id

• 10 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello all,

I need to include an attachment from a Jira Software Cloud issues to a Sharepoint folder.

What I’ve implemented:

1. Jira Updated trigger
  2. Find issue in Jira software cloud to get the Attachment URL

So far so good.

Whatever I am trying to do next, I am not able to correctly authorize to the cloud instance. The error is as follows: “You do not have permission to view attachment with id:”

I have tried both in the Jira Rest API step or Sharepoint step with the attachment URL as output.

For Jira Rest API step, I have also tried with my own authorization header, that proved unsuccessful as well.

Please advise on how to move forward.

Thanks,

Cosmin

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cosminppdpl 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.

Basically the step 4 provides the attachment link of the latest attachment, step 5 uses the output from step 4 and the error is the following:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cosminppdpl 

We would need to see screenshots with how Step 4 is configured.

I’ve been making more tests with another approach:

1. Take the fail form an email sent in Gmail with Gmail action;
  2. Use the output of the Gmail action for the Sharepoint action;

However this throws an error as well:

When trying to save I get this error, which might be related. Is there any trouble with connecting Gmail with sharepoint?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cosminppdpl 

You’d need a paid Gmail account.

Reference this help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495919107853-Common-Problems-with-Gmail-on-Zapier

Understood. So is there actually a way to donwload the attachment from Jira and send it to Sharepoint?

Would it work to have another email integration working on using the attachment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cosminppdpl 

Your original screenshot did not include the Gmail step.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Formatter steps are configured in the Edit mode.

As well as screenshots with how your SharePoint step is configured with dynamic variables from the Formatter steps.