Question

Jira error: "Unable to load choices" when selecting the "Project" in the "Create Issue" action.

• 11 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello 

I am assisting a client setting up a zap automation. The goal is to create a new Jira ticket in the server after a new row is added to a google sheets spreadsheet. I was able to setup the connection to the Jira environment and confirm the test connection. 

I had no problem setting up the first step, the trigger when there is a new row added to the google sheet. All green checkmarks. The next step I added is creating issue in Jira Software Server. I selected Create Issue as the Event, selected the account, and then proceeded to the Set up action step. Here is where I get stuck. Clicking in the project field prompts an ‘Unable to load choices’ error message. I’ve shared a screenshot of the error. 

I have no problems if I have to choose from Custom. However I need to be able to select a project from Jira. Also many times step 2 doesn’t or takes too long to load. 

Regards

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jaison.machanickal 

There seems to be a timeout error, is the data being pulled too large? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there @jaison.machanickal !

500-class errors are usually temporary in nature, are you still running into this issue?  Looking at the last few minutes of our connections with that JIRA app, I do not see any outages or anything along those lines.

Moh could be onto something, but we would love to take a look if you wanted to reach out to our support team here: http://zapier.com/contact-us

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam , 

After I posted this question, I came to the same suspicion the data file is too large. I will be testing today with a truncated version of the same file. 

Regards, 
Jaison Machanickal 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Let us know how it goes Jaison!

Userlevel 1

Hello @RALaBarge , 

I just tested running the zap with a brand new google sheet spreadsheet. I only have three tabs; three columns and three rows for the first tab & three columns and two rows for the other tabs.

I was successful in connecting the google sheet spreadsheet and setting up the first step. It took some time but I was able to choose the fields as part of the Set Up Action. However I am still getting the 504 error.

I have also encountered a many times just waiting to select the event (Create Issue) and the Set Up Action is often missing after the choose account action. I can share you the google sheet spreadsheet; you’ll see the file is so small it’s practically empty. 

Regards, 
Jaison Machanickal 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey again @jaison.machanickal ,

Thanks for that breakdown -- to me, it feels like what Moh said: there is a timeout error stemming from the JIRA step itself.  The Google Sheet would have no bearing on JIRA returning the error when trying to access that dropdown.

That said, even if you have a lot of data there, we don’t want to show an error that a user cannot solve themselves!

Could I please have you open a ticket with our support team @ http://zapier.com/contact-us

With that we can take a deeper look to see if there is an issue with the way this app is pulling data and see if our logs have any other details which may help explain what is going on!