Skip to main content
Question

Issues with Zaps between Practice Better EHR and Active Campaign not triggering

I have an issue with 2 zaps - 

1 - From my EHR, Practice Better, when a new prospective client is added, it is not getting added to Active Campaign. I worked with Active Campaign and it is not an issue on their end. When anything is changed in that client’s file, then the zap gets triggered and then will move to Active Campaign. 

2 - When an appointment is scheduled in my EHR, it should trigger the zap and it should update in Active Campaign and it is not.  

Both these zaps have worked and both have given me issues today. I don’t understand how to make them reliable. Like I said before, I worked with Active Campaign to correct this issue and they confirmed that it is not an issue on their end. It is a disconnect between my EHR to AC which would be Zapier. 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @unreliable zaps 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

For live Zaps, check the Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Can you tell me what screen shots exactly? 

For live zaps, I have checked the history and the data in/out looks fine. My problem is that when a prospective client is added to my EHR a zap should take that info and send it to Active Campaign. It is not doing this automatically unless something (unrelated, like adding gender or a phone number) is changed in their file on my EHR. When something in their file on my EHR is clicked, it will then send their info to Active Campaign. 

Another issue I have been having is that when they are changed from prospective clients to new clients, they are supposed to be changed on Active Campaign to reflect that, but that is not working consistently. Sometimes it changes their status, sometimes it doesn’t. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @unreliable zaps 👋

1 - From my EHR, Practice Better, when a new prospective client is added, it is not getting added to Active Campaign. I worked with Active Campaign and it is not an issue on their end. When anything is changed in that client’s file, then the zap gets triggered and then will move to Active Campaign. 

Hmm, I’m not seeing any “prospective client” triggers available for Practice Better. Are you using the New Client trigger to add prospective clients trigger?

If so, it’s very strange that it’s triggering for updates to the client’s file. The only trigger I’m seeing that should be triggering on updates would be the Updated Booking trigger - is that what you’re using?

If you can share a screenshot of the current Zap setup so we can see the trigger and any selected actions that would be super helpful - asking as us folks in the Community don’t have access to view your Zaps so screenshots help to give us a bit more context on the situation.

2 - When an appointment is scheduled in my EHR, it should trigger the zap and it should update in Active Campaign and it is not.  

You mentioned that you “checked the history and the data in/out looks fine” so I just want to double-check is it that the Zap triggering for new appointments, but the contact in ActiveCampaign isn’t being updated? If so can you share screenshots showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that ActiveCampaign action that isn’t running as expected? I’d like to take a look at that to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be causing issues here. For example:
f815d2db3d5c8d99cff12b35864cab7d.png

Another issue I have been having is that when they are changed from prospective clients to new clients, they are supposed to be changed on Active Campaign to reflect that, but that is not working consistently. Sometimes it changes their status, sometimes it doesn’t. 

Can you find a couple of examples in the Zap History for recent runs of the Zap where the client was correctly updated and another where it wasn’t. And then share screenshots of the Data In and Data Out for those here so we can take a closer look to compare them? I’m hoping that might allow use to better determine why it’s only working some of the time.

Please remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing. 

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 

Oh, ok, yes, for prospective clients I am using the new client trigger. Thank you for your images, it really helps me understand what to post. 

This is the zap that should be triggered when a prospective client fills out my form and is pending an appointment.

As far as my other issue, the second zap I have is triggered as an updated booking. This is when my prospective clients should become new clients and are scheduled with an appointment. I created the SKU in Practice Better and on Zapier for this specific appointment. 

The SKU I have set up is on the step 1 (updated booking in practice better).

How I have this set up is on my website there is a button that is a Potential Client Assessment Form, when prospective clients fill that out, they are added to Practice Better under my client list as a prospect client. That is supposed to be triggered to be a “new client” for the zap of going from Practice Better to Active Campaign. I just tried to do that again… I filled out the form on my website and checked zapier and nothing has been triggered. 

Right now, the zap is not being triggered at all when someone fills out that form. The other day when I was working on it, it was. 

I just tried it again after following instruction from Practice Better (the other day when I was working on it, I was getting help from Active Campaign). 

My prospective client was pulled from Practice Better to Active Campaign, but no zap is showing in the zap history. The first picture shows that the info was pulled into Active Campaign, but the second pic of the zap history isn’s showing activity (I refreshed before taking the SS). 

The other test client I added after Test Test4, hasn’t been pulled from Practice Better to Active Campaign. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @unreliable zaps,

You might want to reach out to Practice Better support regarding the issue that you’re running into. The Practice Better app is owned and maintained by their developers.

You can submit a request here: https://help.practicebetter.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hopefully, this helps.

That doesn’t help. 

It is an issue with Zapier. 

I have received help from Active Campaign and from Practice Better, nothing is wrong on their ends. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @unreliable zaps,

I suggest getting in touch with our Support Team. They can create a bug report for you and have the Practice Better developers investigate the problem.

You can contact our Support Team by clicking on the following link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I also recommend sharing a link to this post with our Support Team so that they are aware of the troubleshooting steps we've already taken.

I really hope this information is helpful for you.