Skip to main content

Hello all!

Thanks for viewing this post. 

I’m trying to create an automation that essentially takes an inbound email from outlook, and checks for an attachment. If there is an attachment, then I would like to upload that file to a Sharepoint site in a specific Sharepoint folder. In trying to implement this automation, I’m failing to find a way to dynamically upload said file. Below are screenshots with my fields mapped and errors associated: 

When troubleshooting, this is the feedback I received and implemented, but received the same error:

I really appreciate your effort to help :)

Hi @blazersfan77 

For the Folder, try selecting from the dropdown list available when you switch to “Static” mode via the ...] button.

Also, check the Site field value is correct.

You can click on field labels to see tooltips with guidance about formats and expected values.

I was able to correctly map the site field and, when in static mode, could select a direct folder within my sharepoint site but still received this error:

@blazersfan77 

Perhaps try this to help you troubleshoot:

Turn the Zap ON.

Test live.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the LOGS tab for the SharePoint step, which will show the underlying API request/response.

Here’s what I got:

Not sure what to make of this haha​​​​

@blazersfan77 

Error in the Zap step substep indicates the request URL is invalid.

For this, can you post screenshots showing the REQUEST section so we can see the request URL being used?

Is this what you’re looking for?

@blazersfan77 

Error indicates an issue with the POST URL.

I’d recommend trying to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further help troubleshooting the SharePoint error: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks Troy (and really appreciate the fast responses) -- just opened a ticket!

Hi @blazersfan77,

Keep us on the loop for this one. So we can share the resolution with our Community members. Thank you.