Question

Issues with Triggering a Zap in Salesforce - Can't Find Any Matching Records

• 2 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and I was hoping someone here could help me out. I've been trying to trigger a Zap in Salesforce using the 'Updated Field' as the trigger. I've set certain criteria within the trigger action and I have a couple of records that match these criteria.

Despite this, Zapier doesn't seem to be able to find any of these records. I've double-checked my criteria and the matching records to ensure they're correct. I've also tested and retested the process to no avail.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Could there be something I might have overlooked in the configuration of the zap?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards, Matan

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tomtidhar!

To make sure we’re on the same page, can I check that you’re using the Updated Field on Record Salesforce trigger?

This could be a tricky one to solve without being able to dig into the Zap logs, but let’s see if we can figure it out. The records where the field has been updated, how was the information updated? Was it updated manually (eg typing something into the field, selecting something from a dropdown, etc) or using a button in Salesforce? Also, was the information in the record changed from one thing and then back to the same thing? eg  a check box that said no, was changed to yes and then wasn’t found by the Zap when it was changed back to no. 

Could you share a screenshot of the set up of the trigger and let us know which records the Zap should be able to find? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!