Best answer

Issues with trigger Public Message Posted Anywhere in Slack

Hi,
I have used the Public Message Posted Anywhere in Slack trigger for a long time.

This zap is used to get all message from channels that contains specific name (With a zapier filter).
Then we send the messages to a dedicated channel.

last week all messages that are written on those channel by external slack users are not caught by this trigger anymore, only message from that are posted from our organisation users are working.

can someone please help me?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 8 March 2023, 00:40

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @eyal-h 

Good question.

Zapier had some incidents last week that may be related.

Check the Zapier Status page: https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list

thank you for your answer, it’s not related and still not working after all incidents has been resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @eyal-h! I can see you were able to chat with my teammates in support and I wanted to share their response here in case it’s helpful to anyone following along:

It looks like we're running into a bug here. I have created an issue report and added your contact information to the ticket so we can notify you as soon as there are any updates.

We currently do not have a workaround for the behavior. Apologies for not having a more immediate solution for this instance.

We’ll be sure to share here and email ya once a fix is in place! Sorry to not have better news here but appreciate ya raising this in community. 🧡

I’m experiencing the same (or kinda similar issue). The trigger Public Message Posted Anywhere in Slack gets messages only from the general channel.

Makes this trigger practically useless

ok… turns out that this is a problem only when creating the Zap and testing it. When publishing it, it seems to work ok.

So bottom line: bug in the Testing of this trigger

this still sucks, BTW, b/c this implies that in order to test the zap it needs to be published everytime

anybody from Zapier has something interesting to add?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @doron-ionix,

I understand your frustrations. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the “Public Message Posted Anywhere” trigger during testing. Sometimes the “New Public Message Posted Anywhere” will only capture the latest message on any public channel. However, loading in a new sample data on your trigger should capture the channel you’re looking for.

Hopefully, this clears things out.

thanks for your response.

But sorry. no.

the testing only picks up messages from general.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I see, thanks for raising this concern to us @doron-ionix.

To further investigate, I highly recommend reaching out to our Support Team to determine on why this is happening. Our Support Team has the tools to dig deeper into the logs create a bug report on your behalf once confirmed.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your understanding on this one.

@doron-ionix, were you able to resolve this? I am finding the same: the “Public Message Posted Anywhere” trigger only works with the #general channel (far from ‘anywhere’!). 

no. no resolution. According to zapier its a known issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to see that you’re also running into this issue, @robinwyatt.

The bug report of this issue is still open and there’s no updates I can share at the minute. We’re not able to give any sort of estimate as to when it will be resolved by but I’ve added you to the list of users being impacted. This will allow us to automatically notify you the minute it gets fixed.

Thanks @doron-ionix and @SamB. Honestly, this one is mission-critical for me, so if I can get it to work with Make instead then I will close my Zapier account (unless it gets fixed, of course!).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear that @robinwyatt, but can completely understand. We’ll still keep you on the list so we can notify you the minute a fix is in place for this. Hopefully it won’t be a long wait 🤞