Skip to main content

Hello,

I am encountering an issue with my Zap that involves an Excel file stored in Google Drive.

The problem arises when I try to set up the trigger and map the columns from the Excel file. Despite selecting the correct folder and file, the test trigger does not detect the correct records from the specified file. Instead, it shows unrelated data from (I presume) other files in my Google Drive.

Here are the details of my setup:

1. I have an Excel file named "export" stored in a specific folder in Google Drive.
  2. The Zap is configured with the trigger "New File in Folder" for the aforementioned folder.
  3. During the "Test your trigger" step, the records shown do not match the data from the specified Excel file. The records detected seem to come from other files in my Drive.

I have ensured the following:

• The file extension is .xlsx.
  • The first row contains headers.
  • There are no empty rows or columns in the Excel file.
  • The Zap is linked to the correct Google Drive account.
  • The Zap is linked to the correct folder in the Google Drive account.

Despite these precautions, the issue persists. Could anyone provide guidance on what might be causing this problem or suggest troubleshooting steps to resolve it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @MarcK 

To give us true context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi Troy,

I have attached screenshots of the data I’m receiving and a screenshot of the Excel file with the data I should be receiving for mapping purposes.

@MarcK 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi Troy,

I enclose the screenshots.

In the last one (Zap steps 😎 it can be seen how the maping cannot be done because the values are not the ones in the content of the excell. 

It shows a “Year” box and there is no Year data to make the link.

@MarcK 

For the Zap trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder

It returns metadata about the file, not the file contents.

If you are trying to get the file contents, then you would need to probably do a few things:

• Convert the XLSX file to be a GSheet file
    • May involve uploading the file to GDrive again via a Zap step and indicating the uploaded file should be converted to a document
  • Get the CSV version of the GSheet
  • Use Files by Zapier to get the file contents of the CSV