Question

Issues with Motion(usemotion) workspaces populating & Best Practice reporting issues

• 10 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I have tried using chat & opening a ticket starting last week, but haven’t received any response.  What is the best way to get issue support on Zapier?

Now for the issue I am trying to resolve.

I am not seeing the workspaces in Motion Zap steps, they were there the first day I started testing early last week.  

I left the Zap I created as is with the Sales Workspace connected but even in that Zap it's not showing any of the other workspaces available.  And that Zap still works, just tested it. 

I have no issues with the connection, see below, but also have removed the connection and readded it with no change in results.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ally-Kristine 

Help article for the Motion Zap app that may provide guidance: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/16060960284685-How-to-get-started-with-Motion-on-Zapier

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for that link, but it doesn’t help this issue.  I sucessfully created a Zap last week between Zoho CRM and Motion, that Zap still works despite not being able to change workspaces in that Zap nor create new Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Ally-Kristine,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Sunday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry for the delay in response as we are getting a high volume of email recently and we are replying as quickly as possible. As I understand, you can’t select a Workspace ID when setting up your Zap, is that correct? If so, let me see what I can do.

Is this what you mean by Workspace ID not pulling up? Basically, there are no options to choose from?

(Click here to view larger)

As a workaround, if you already have the Workspace ID with you, try manually adding it as a static value by clicking the dropdown arrow at the right then select Custom. Enter the Workspace ID in the textbox above it then complete the rest of the steps and test it.

If that didn’t work, have you tried reconnecting your account? If not, you can do so by clicking the three-dots then Reconnect. See sample below:

You can also try to re-do the Zap. Either:

• Remove the step then add it again
  • Duplicate the Zap
  • Create a new Zap

Please let me know what happens when you try that, and we can go from there!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Thank you!

Hi @Ally-Kristine,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Sunday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry for the delay in response as we are getting a high volume of email recently and we are replying as quickly as possible. As I understand, you can’t select a Workspace ID when setting up your Zap, is that correct? If so, let me see what I can do.

Is this what you mean by Workspace ID not pulling up? Basically, there are no options to choose from?

As a workaround, if you already have the Workspace ID with you, try manually adding it as a static value by clicking the dropdown arrow at the right then select Custom. Enter the Workspace ID in the textbox above it then complete the rest of the steps and test it.

If that didn’t work, have you tried reconnecting your account? If not, you can do so by clicking the three-dots then Reconnect. See sample below:

You can also try to re-do the Zap. Either:

• Remove the step then add it again
  • Duplicate the Zap
  • Create a new Zap

Please let me know what happens when you try that, and we can go from there!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Thank you!

Thank you for posting here, I didn’t see the reply via email - I will also reply to that email. 

I have already attempted reconnecting and creating new zaps from scratch with no help.

I was able to sucessfully complete a new zap by inserting text, however you can’t use the name of the workspace.  You must use the code after the workspaces/ https://app.usemotion.com/web/pm/workspaces/gCEekq45qjpXOo2KfFXAa to manually input.

If there is anything we can do to assist in getting the workspace ID retreival to work please let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Ally-Kristine,

It looks like our Support Team identified this issue as a bug. If you have any questions regarding the bug. I’d recommend continuing the conversation with our Support Team via email.

Thanks!