Question

Issue with Multiple Line Items in QuickBooks Online Sales Receipt

• 14 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello folks,

I'm trying to create a sales receipt in QuickBooks Online (QBO) with multiple line items using a Zap.

I want two distinct line items with different "Product/Service" values: "HSQ" for the first and "W-DLS" for the second.

However, when I manually enter "HSQ,W-DLS" in the "Product/Service" field in Zapier, both line items in QBO end up with the "W-DLS" value.

Both "HSQ" and "W-DLS" are valid items in my QBO account, and they work fine when tested individually.

Questions:

1. Has anyone else faced a similar issue with QBO line items in Zapier?
  2. Are there specific formatting or settings I might be missing to ensure each line item retains its distinct "Product/Service" value?
  3. Are there any known workarounds or alternative methods to achieve the desired outcome?
  4. Could this be a limitation or bug within the Zapier-QBO integration, and if so, are there any updates or fixes on the horizon?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @rprconnect,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I looked into the Zap and I've noticed that it's using the correct product/services codes but directly typed items are handled as a "string" and not as line items therefore the app can't recognize that these are two different product/services.

What you can do to fix this is to go back to Step 5 where the line items are created.

Then, update the product/service line with actual codes that you'll need "325, 333" then run a test to show the new codes in the output

Then go back to Step 10 to replace the manually typed codes, with the output coming from Step 5

Would you please try it out and let me know how it goes? I’m keen to make sure this is working correctly for you so thanks for the help in advance!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.