Question

Issue with importing address data from Jotform to Halo via Zapier

Ok have Jotform & Zapier creating customer in Halo, all this works:

• Name
  • Email
  • Phone number
  • Site

But nothing is makeing the address import work.

I did a test & added a text prefix (ADx:) before the Jotform selected data & the typed text worked, but the rest did not. I’ve tried many combineations like selecting the customers name as the data, but NOTHING I put inthe Address lines from the avalible Jotform data ever comes in. ONLY things I manually type/enter.

Zap:

Result in Halo:

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nathan-Alpha 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

8a
8b
8c
9a
9b
10a
10b
10c

Finally in Halo this is what comes in with only the things I Manually typed “AD1: - AD5:” actually showing up in the address fields and NOT the above shown data from Jotform.

The name is differente in the Jotform /Zapier example above to the Halo example below, but the result was the same. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nathan-Alpha 

If you change the name of the field in Jotform, then you may need to pull a fresh Zap trigger example and remap variables between Zap steps.

For live Zap Runs, check your Zap Runs history activity to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Post screenshots to give us context of the data in the Zap Runs.

Thanks Troy,

I’m not sure why you think I’ve changed the feiled names, I have not changed the name of the field in Jotform.

It is actually impossible to do as I’m using the Google Maps API/Address auto complete.

The fields are set, unlike other address input boxes, so they have been the same from day 1 of setting up Zapier.

I’l check those logs and get back to you.

Yeah so here you can see it never got the data from Jotform, even tho in the edit stage it clearly shows the data it HAS gotten from Jotform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nathan-Alpha

Post screenshots of the DATA OUT tab from Step 1 that shows the values for the address fields you have mapped to Step 2.

Data out matches Data in, which is Data missing LOL

See below: Note: I just did a new test where I put the suburb after the “Contact Name” again it showed up in the preview, but below nothing. ANY time I put an address field in any output it just has nothing.

Data IN:

name: Fred Again

toplevel_id: 1

is_vip: false

newclient_sitename: Home

newclient_phonenumber: (837) 292-9299

site_address_line1: AD1:

site_address_line2: AD2:

site_address_postcode: AD5:

site_address_line3: AD3:

site_address_line4: AD4:

newclient_contactname: Fred Again

newclient_contactemail: fred@again.com

Data OUT:

id: 932

name: Fred Again

toplevel_id: 1

is_vip: false

newclient_sitename: Home

newclient_phonenumber: (837) 292-9299

newclient_delivery_address:

id: 18998

type: -2

line1: AD1:

line2: AD2:

line3: AD3:

postcode: AD5:

primary: true

inactive: false

date_active: 2024-03-13T02:11:42.9861625Z

site_id: 1019

newclient_contactname: Fred Again

newclient_contactemail: fred@again.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nathan-Alpha

Please post screenshots to make sure context is kept.

DATA OUT from STEP 1.

1a
1b

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nathan-Alpha 

Can you post a screenshot of the DATA OUT from the Step 1?

That shows the address data points from Jotform.