Question

Issue with Google Ads not matching offline conversion events sent from Google Sheets via Zapier.

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello Zapier Community!

We’ve been trying to send an offline conversion event using enhanced conversions. The Zap does this:

1. Scans a Google sheet for new rows. The row represent clients who have booked an appointment with us. It includes information including email and mobile phone number. 
  2. Sends these rows to Google Ads as an offline conversion. 

The Zap itself runs without error. Furthermore, Google Ad’s diagnostics (Goals>Conversions>Summary>Diagnostics) shows that the Zapier data is being correctly uploaded, but shows a the following:

This has gone on for about 10 days, since we enabled the Zap, with a 0% match. Given that about 50% of our customers book their appointments online (as opposed to phone or our app), we would expect a higher match. 

I suspect that there is an issue with Google Tags manager not sending client information back to Google Ads properly. However, we have used the Google Tags debugger and everything seems to be set up properly. 

Any suggestions?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @petlover,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m not really familiar with Google Ads, but I’ll try my best to help you out.

Before we dig deeper into this, does your customers get added to your Google Ads account after the Zap runs?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!