Question

Issue with Filter setup: Creating Multiple Contacts in Bntouch for All Loan Officers Instead of Target Individual

• 23 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Humbly seeking assistance yet again as I still can’t get this zap right. I’ve created individual zaps (for the 6 participating loan originators) creating a new loan in Bntouch when a new loan is entered into Arive. I have the filter below set up and each individual’s user keys in the final step creating the new Bntouch contact. The problem seems to have to be in the filter because what is happening is every time a new loan is created in Arive, it’s creating a new contact in Bntouch for all 6 loan officers, not just the target individual. I tried a couple other arrangements on the filter but it doesn’t test out. Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @tcangas 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Based on the screenshot you sent, it looks like the issue could be related to this:

Please give it a go and let me know if it works.

Thanks for the reply Charie, when I make the above changes it doesn’t test through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tcangas,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

The filter step might not continue if the mapped data on the first column doesn’t exactly matches the condition (in this case, "Tracey") that’s why it’s saying it won’t continue. More about Filter step here:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thanks Ken. This is just the test so no actual data in the mapped field, but telling me it won’t continue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tcangas,

Thanks for letting me know!

You mentioned that no actual data is mapped on the first column. Hence, the filter step won’t continue. For testing purposes, if you want the filter step to continue in the testing phase. I suggest creating a new sample data and ensuring that the data in the “First Loan Term U...” contains the data “Tracy” This will make the filter step continue.

I didn’t realize the sample data factored in but it does as Tracy’s zap test was successful but the other 5 are not, apparently because Tracy is in the mapping field on the left as the sample. So looks like I have to create separate sample data for each individual’s zap. Thank you Ken!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tcangas,

No worries! I’m glad I could shed some light on how the filter step behaves.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗