Best answer

Issue with Bubble and Google Sheets

• 24 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, I am working on a 4 step Zap that brings in data from my Bubble App, copies a worksheet and google, finds a thing in bubble and then the last step identifies the information from both step 1 and 3 and copies it to the row of the new worksheet created in step 2. The “data in” in my zap history looks perfect in all steps, even step 4, however in step 4 data “out” I am not seeing any of the dynamic information from step 1 being sent (information from step 3 is there and sending without issue).  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 August 2023, 21:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Otso86 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context.

When you see the {{variable}} instead of an actual value, that means either the variable value was missing (blank/empty/null) or the variable was not mapped correctly.

Check the previous DATA OUT for the steps in the Zap Runs to help you trace and troubleshoot.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the reply! To try and drill down the issue it seems to be on the trigger step. Our trigger is set to bring in data from a “Premier Profile” data object in our Bubble DB. Per the attached screen shot, the Data “Out” here looks right. To try and drill down I added a step 2 to simply “find” this premier profile data again, using the dynamic data from step one (in this case business_name_text) by searching for with the business_name step 1 brought it. See Data “In” for Step 2. In test this works fine, both the trigger bringing in data AND the find in step 2. However when it is published the attached screenshots are what I see in practice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Otso86 

Please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context.

Looks like the dynamic variables need to be remapped.

First screenshot shows the variable name as “business_name”.

Second screenshot shows the mapped variable as “business_name_text”.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes so thats the weird thing, in the selection for search field term I can only select Business_Name, from the choices. When I go to Custom and select business_name_text from the previous step then the zap test fails so it wont even publish.

So, if I select business_name as the field and “text contains” then business_name_text as the search term the test passess successfully and I can publish (but its not working in practice).

If I try and match the search field business_name_text (custom) and “text contains” (or equals) to search term business_name_text than the test of the step fails...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Otso86 

Try this…

Copy/paste the variable into a browser url to see the variable syntax.

e.g. {{205138922__business_name_text}}

Then remove the _text to change it to: {{205138922__business_name}}

Finally copy/paste back into the field value in place of the existing mapped variable.

Do for all impacted fields.

Then test again.

You can skip testing a step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

OK! will give it a try thanks for your help

Userlevel 1
Badge

It worked! Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Otso86! We’re glad to hear Troy was able to help and point you to the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗