Question

Issue where the Zap keeps connecting to an old, defunct Microsoft Outlook account.

• 1 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to add an Outlook connection. When I go to Add a New Connection, Zapier finds an old and now-defunct Outlook account and insists upon trying to connect to it.

Curiously, performing a test returns Success so there is no opportunity to troubleshoot.

I see no way to manually edit that connection; the Reconnect function simply repeats the automatic connection, which continues to find the wrong account.

Not sure how to get past this, but all help welcome...

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @rickaltman,

Sometimes Zapier will try to auto-connect to an app if you're also logged into that App on your browser now.

To get around this, can you try following the instructions from this help doc here:

https://zapier.com/help/manage/app-accounts/connect-your-app-accounts-to-zapier#connect-multiple-accounts-with-a-single-app-to-zapier

013dc1ca1051dfd75f62ac8ee2e99b9a.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Ken. I got around this by sending the data as a text file to Dropbox, but I will try the Zap Editor the next time I encounter a need to send myself an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! Thanks for circling back with an update @rickaltman!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗