Best answer

Issue when searching for ClickUp task with custom field when search value contains hyphen

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

What I’m trying to do:

1. When a JIRA ticket is made, create a ClickUp task. ClickUp task is made with JIRA ticket ID entered into a custom field.
  2. When a Slack post is made and message includes JIRA ID, search ClickUp tasks with that JIRA ID in the custom field, and if found, add slack message URL and text to task from step 1.

The issue:

JIRA IDs look like this: PROJ-1234 (letters, hyphen, numbers)
Custom field search works when I remove the hyphen from the ID, but not when I leave the hyphen in. JIRA IDs have hyphens by default.

Example 1 (test with hyphen = fail)

ClickUp task custom field has “PROJ-1234”

Zapier Custom Field search with same search string 

Search failed

Example 2: same as above, but with hyphen removed = success

The ask:

I am sure I can add some steps to format the ID such that the hyphen would be removed when inserting into the CilckUp Task and into the field when searching, but I would like to know if anyone has advice on how else to efficiently deal with this, or if the Zapier team can log this as a bug. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 29 August 2023, 11:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @josh.k,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like there’s an open bug report regarding this issue where the Find Task in ClickUp action halts even when the search value seems to exist. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with ClickUp on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @ken.a. Appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @josh.k! I’m glad I was able help by adding you to the bug report.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊