Skip to main content
Best answer

Issue syncing lead statuses from HubSpot to Klaviyo via Zapier – Missing data in tests

• 7 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Zapier Community,

I’m looking for assistance with setting up a Zap that syncs lead qualification statuses from HubSpot to Klaviyo. Here’s a brief overview of our setup and what we aim to achieve:

Overview

We use HubSpot to qualify leads that come in via Typeform. We have different qualification statuses for these leads:

• Qualified lead
  • Step1
  • Step 2
  • Deal

Objective

We want to create a Zap that:

1. Sends lead qualification statuses from HubSpot to Klaviyo.
  2. Create or updates the contact profile in Klaviyo with a property reflecting the current status from HubSpot.

Workflow Example

1. New Lead Qualification:

• A new lead enters HubSpot.
    • The lead is qualified.
    • This information is sent to Klaviyo via Zapier.
    • A property is created/updated in the contact’s profile in Klaviyo.
  2. Status Update:

• Two days later, the status of this lead changes to "Step1."
    • This updated status is sent to Klaviyo via Zapier.
    • The property is updated in the contact’s profile in Klaviyo.

What I Have Done So Far

1. Connected HubSpot to Zapier:

• Trigger: Update deal stage
    • Deal Pipeline : OK
    • Deal Stage : OK

2. Connected Klaviyo to Zapier:

• Action: Create or Update Profile
    • Mapped email as the unique identifier (I have no data from the sample, the email field is empty)

Issues

• When I test the Hubspot trigger, I don’t see the conctact deal email.
  • I want to ensure that this setup works both for creating the status if it doesn’t exist and updating it if it already exists.
  • On the Klaviyo side, on “action” tab, I have no data from the sample, the email field is empty so I can’t test the Zap.
  • Do I need to create the property name on Klaviyo before runing the zap or will it create it itself ?
  • Do I new to create 4 identical zaps for each deal stage ?
  • Do I need to add steps?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Nick

Hi @Nico101 

You may need to add a Zap step for HubSpot Find Associations to get the Contact associated to the Deal followed by a HubSpot Find Contact step (find by ID) in order to get the Contact details to send to Klaviyo.

Hi @Nico101 

You may need to add a Zap step for HubSpot Find Associations to get the Contact associated to the Deal followed by a HubSpot Find Contact step (find by ID) in order to get the Contact details to send to Klaviyo.

Hey @Troy Tessalone 

I went that wzy and it worked.

🙏

That’s awesome @Nico101! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗