Question

Invoice Ninja "find product" returning same 20 results regardless of search value - help!

• 28 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi folks,

Been using Zapier for a while, enjoy solving its puzzles - but this one has me stumped.

I’m trying to generate an invoice with Invoice Ninja when a new record is created in Airtable. 

I have the entire zap built, and it successfully generates invoices from new records, but there is a glitch:

The step of finding the products in Invoice Ninja returns the same 20 products no matter what I put in as the search value!

I’ve tried everything, including random unrelated search values from different steps just to confirm that it was doing what I thought it was doing.

Anyone have any idea what’s up?

Thank you,

Shawn

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapKellar 

Good question.

We will need you to post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context.

Also, please outline a specific example for us to follow, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you @Troy Tessalone - I’ll do my best:

Here’s the setup:

So that’s the whole flow. It works insofar as everything shows up in the right place on the invoice created, including multiple line items.

The problem is that the line items spit out by the Find Product in Invoice Ninja step are not the line items collected in the Find Multiple Files in Airtable step - and no matter what I use as a search value, it spits out the same 20 products from Invoice Ninja:

The “Selected Options” SHOULD be the line items that come out - but they’re not. I’ve attached a file with the text of the result that gets spit out whether I use Selected Options or a ridiculous search value like “Loop Iteration is Last: false” from the loop.

In the scenario above, “Selected Options” should produce a line-item list of 26 products from Invoice Ninja - but it produces the same 20 products (that are not the “Selected Options”) regardless of the search value input.

I’ve sent a message to Invoice Ninja’s help team as well, thinking maybe it’s some kind of glitch with the integration, but I’m hoping I just have something in the wrong order or something.

Thank you,

Shawn

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapKellar 

You may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Doh… ok.