Best answer

"Invalid currency code error" with Square's New Order trigger

• 12 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I’ve previously built zaps with Square with no issue, but now when I build one with the “New Order” event I get the error:

Failed to fetch an order from Square

Error while retrieving: Invalid currency codes : UNKNOWN_CURRENCY

I disconnected the app from my account and re-added it, but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this? 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 September 2022, 22:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @tcobb! Thanks so much for flagging this in the Community!

I did some digging and it looks like you’re running into a known bug with the Square’s “New Order” trigger. 😔

I went ahead and added you as an impacted user and we’ll keep you in the loop once a fix is in place. While I don’t have an ETA for that, in addition to being notified via email, we’ll be sure to also post here once there’s an update. Thanks again for sharing this and we’ll be in touch!

Hi! Just to confirm, is this a known bug with Square? You said Stripe in your reply so just wanted to check! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @tcobb whoops! It looks like this was a typo in Christina’s reply. I can confirm this is a bug with Square and I just updated her reply to reflect the correct app. 🙂

Any update to this? @christina.d @jesse 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jimmyzaps!

We have been looking into this error, but I’m afraid that we don’t have an update yet. I’ve added you to the list of affected users, which means that you’ll get an email if we do have an update and also lets the Square team know how many users are affected by this.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey squad! 👋🏽

Swinging by to update the thread that a fix was merged and this bug is officially closed. 

Thanks for raising this in the Community and your patience! 🙂