Best answer

Intercom & Typeform integration - create lead - not working - lead not found

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello,

I am trying to set up an integration for when someone fills in a form on typeform, to create a new lead on Intercom, and then this to be tagged under a specific tag. However this is not working. The lead is not created on Intercom but when I check the history of the zap it says it’s working.

Could someone tell me if i’m doing something wrong?

Here are some screenshots:

icon

Best answer by jesse 7 September 2022, 23:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Iris Serra , 

I see here that you have not provided a Name, Email, or Phone Number and so the Lead will be created as Empty if Intercom allows it. you have to map these fields from Typeform into the Intercom step so that Zapier knows which field is which. 

Let me know if this works for you. If you have already done that and it doesn't work, please provide screenshots. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Do you mean doing this, so choosing the questions that will map the answer? I don’t know why is taking the last answer of the typeform, that email address is the last user that filled in the form.

Should I just add this?

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Iris Serra , 

Its my pleasure. Yes you need to do this exactly. For the Full Name you need to input the Full Name field from Typeform (if it has a First and Last name fields, you can combine them here with a space between them). The one with the email looks fine. 

A trick that I usually use in such situations is filling a form myself with data that I know, then instead of looking for the field name I look for the answer in the “search all available fields” bar. 

If this helps, please mark it as solution :)

Hello!

Thanks again for all your help!

Now it seems it’s pulling the data but in the wrong way. Instead of pulling only the name and surname it’s pulling the whole question?

And the company and job title it’s not going through. Any idea why this may happen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It just means you are probably mapping the wrong field. Some forms send in the response the questions as well as the answers. Show me the test step of the trigger please 

Sure, here you have some screenshots:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, now turn on the zap and try filling the form to see what data goes to Intercom

Still the same…

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

For some reason i see the form response as the question, this is a weird thing. I would recommend that you test the trigger again, look for the name you entered in the form and map this field

Okay will try again thanks!

I have done it and the same problem keeps happening..it’s still pulling the whole question instead of only the answer

Any ideas on what can I do? Would this be a typeform problem?

Thanks,

Iris

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Iris Serra ,

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please follow these steps:

1. Go to Typeform and check the First Name that you got for the latest submission
  2. Go to Zap History 
  3. Click on the latest Zap Runs for this particular Zap
  4. The first thing you will see is Data In for the Trigger, search for this first name you got from Typeform and screenshot it
  5. Click on Data Out and find the First Name part and screenshot it
  6. This is the field you should be mapping in your Zap

It just seems that you are mapping the question not the answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Iris Serra! I noticed you were able to reach out to our support team to troubleshoot this further. I am going to paste their response here as I believe it’s the solution to the problem you’ve been experiencing:

Upon checking the screenshot you provided, it seems that the "Form Responses" was mapped in the name field. It will return the entire form content together with the answers.

It looks like you already fixed the issue when I looked at the Zap. I also found the recent run that the name was added successfully to Intercom.

If you run into any further issues, feel free to write back on your support thread and we can continue to troubleshoot this one there. 🙂