Question

Intercom-Pipedrive Zap Issue: Failed to add lead into Pipedrive once a Tag has been added to lead in Intercom

• 25 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there, been trying the tag added to intercom lead to trigger. The tag gets pulled into Zapier to select & setup, but the zap keeps failing. Trying to add LEAD into Pipedrive once TAG has been added to person in intercom.

Any reason why this is failing? Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @sara-mytrucking! 👋

Hmm, it sounds like you might be trying to add the tag from Intercom onto the new lead you’re creating in Pipedrive and it’s not working, is that correct? If so, is the tag you’re adding to the lead directly selected from the lead information in the Intercom trigger or are you selecting the tag from the list of available tags (in the Pipedrive action)?

If the tag name is being selected from the Intercom trigger then it could be that Pipedrive is expecting to receive the ID number for the tag, rather than the tag name. In which case setting up a lookup table using a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action can help. It would allow you to put in a list of tag names (as they appear in Intercom) on the left. And have the corresponding tag ID (that Pipedrive needs in order to know which tag to select) on the right. You can then select the ID for the tag that’s output by the lookup table in the Pipedrive action.

If you’ve not worked with lookup tables before I’d recommend checking out our Create lookup tables in Zaps guide for more details.

If I’ve misunderstood that, is the issue more that the Zap is switched on and new leads are being tagged in Intercom but it’s not triggering? Or that the Pipedrive action is running into an error and failing to create the lead?

Sorry for my confusion here if you can help give some further details on where the breakdown is occurring for you we’d be happy to help further. We can’t look into your Zaps so any screenshots you’d like to share to help illustrate where things are going wrong, or any errors you’re seeing, would be most welcome! Please remember to remove/hide any private information (names, emails etc.) from any screenshots first though.

Look forward to hearing from you on this! 🙂

Hi there, no I have first added lead tag in intercom to the person & then the trigger in zapier is if tag added to lead in intercom which I did first. But comes up with error when I test it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sara-mytrucking,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the step where you’re getting the error? Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊