Skip to main content
Best answer

Integrating Mobile Text Alert with Eventbrite - trouble with field mapping

• 23 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Trying to integrate Eventbrite with Mobile Text Alert - I would love to send text event reminders to improve our participating rate.

Setting the zap - they telling me this : 

"Required fields for adding a member are a valid 'number' or 'email'.

They are suggesting something about mapping fields… I don’t understand:

To resolve this, you need to map the appropriate fields from the previous step's output to the "add_subscriber" step. Specifically, you should map the profile.email field from the Eventbrite data to the 'email' field in the MobileTextAlertsCLIAPI step. 

Additionally, if you have a phone number available (e.g., from question.Phone), you can map that to the 'number' field. To do this, go to the "add_subscriber" step in your Zap, click on the 'email' field, and select the profile.email from the dropdown list. 

Similarly, for the 'number' field, select the question.Phone if available. This should provide the required data and allow the step to execute successfully.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @origyn,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi Ken! All good, meanwhile I’ve figured out how field mapping were working :) 

The knowledge base, even if not really specific, helped me to find my way into it and have a sense of what I needed to do.

Thank you very much for responding and have a good day!