Skip to main content

I have previously been running a zap for years - when I post on Instragram, it shares to my Google Business posts, no problem. The past few weeks, I have had an error which I have narrowed down to the Photo media link, and no idea how to solve it! I can still post the caption, but none of the photo fields work, they all create an error. Please help!

Hi @lizijj 

For us to have more context, post these screenshots:

• how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode
  • the encountered error message

Screen Shots attached, I’ve tried all photo field options.

@lizijj 

In your live Zap Runs, check the history details to see the Logs tab, which shows the underlying API request/response that often contains more details info about the encountered error.

The screenshots were hard to view as they were tiny and blurry.

This is the error - 

The error message “Request contains an invalid argument” typically indicates that one or more of the fields provided in the “create_post” step are not formatted correctly or contain invalid data. In your case, the issue might be with the photo_source_url field, which is set to “IMAGE” instead of a valid URL. You should replace “IMAGE” with the actual URL of the image you want to use in the post. From the previous step’s output, it seems like the correct URL is "https://scontent-iad3-2.cdninstagram.com/v/t39.30808-6/461678222_18043479074309015_5560070531996565359_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=18de74&_nc_ohc=33jG6jKcFfEQ7kNvgFHSFTM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.cdninstagram.com&edm=ANo9K5cEAAAA&_nc_gid=AjBwQ9_WakisqS5SXgPDF-l&oh=00_AYDYluc4RbD34fos2ziJ4hpJkx2stVF6zmVLrW7pWcB2rQ&oe=66FEE7D4".

Additionally, ensure that the call_to_action_url is a valid and accessible URL, as any issues with this field could also cause errors. Double-check that all other fields, such as locationpost_summary, and topic_type, are correctly formatted and contain valid data. If the error persists after these adjustments, consider testing the Zap with a simplified post summary or different call-to-action settings to isolate the issue further.

It just won’t let me post the images anymore??!

@lizijj 

Can you post screenshots from your Logs tab in the Zap Run step?

Want to see the sub step response that has the error.

Different from these tabs:

• DATA IN
  • DATA OUT
  • Troubleshooting

Hi @lizijj,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I took a look at the screenshot, and it seems like the mapped data on the “Photo Source URL” field is incorrect.

528d87eff5a777844db504b05800a665.png
(view larger)

Could you please try remapping the data on that field and ensure that you’re using the “Media URL” data from the Instagram trigger step. After remapping, please click on the “Skip test” button on the Google Business Profile step and publish the Zap.

After publishing the Zap, please trigger the Zap by creating a new media on your Instagram account and check the Zap History to see if the Zap will still run into the same error.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Hi, I’m just waiting to post! Thank you - will let you know when I do!

Hi,

I think you should try revisiting or resetting the settings in your Zap to ensure the photo fields are mapped correctly. You might need to remove and re-add the photo fields to refresh the connection.

Thanks 😊

Hi, I have already done that a number of times.

Hi @lizijj,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Ken’s recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi, tried a new post and it happened again:

It sounds like the issue is with Instagram’s photo media link when posting to Google Business, especially since the caption works fine. Instagram may have changed the way media URLs are structured, causing the error.

I suggest reconfiguring your Zap by reconnecting Instagram and Google Business or trying a different photo field if available. This could help refresh the media link and resolve the issue.

I hope its Help.

Hi @lizijj,

How’s mitrio’s recommendation? Did it get the job done? Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Hi - sorry for late reply, I was waiting for content. So actually, it was my new phone! I had to turn off Super HDR. Hope this helps anyone else, and if anyone finds a work around, that would be great! Thanks for all the help.