Skip to main content

I created a Zap for new posts on IG to be published onto my business FB page. The photos/videos never populate; they only show a URL. How can I get the media to preview?

Hi @ascalise,

Can you post a screenshot of the error message that you are getting. Please obscure any sensitive information for security purposes. So we can troubleshoot it further. Thank you.

Hi @ascalise,

It’s been a while since you posted here, did you since manage to get things sorted out on your own?

If so, we’d love it if you could share some details here on what the solution was - this would be super helpful to others in the Community with the same issue! 🙏

And if not, can you share a quick screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Zap’s Facebook Pages action (with any personal information removed/blurred). That will help us to get a bit more context on what might be preventing the images from being added as expected. 

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

No, the issue is not fixed yet. Here are my Zap settings and what it looks like when posted to FB.

Hi @ascalise,

Upon checking with Instagram, the Media URLs it generates are only valid for a short period, and it doesn't allow hot-linking using Media URLs. You may need to store the images from Instagram somewhere else before using them on your Facebook Page. You can try storing the photos on your FTP servers and then including the version of the images for Facebook tagging. 

Hi @JammerS,

Thanks for looking into it. This solution would eliminate my need for a Zap then, correct? Surely there has to be a workaround.

Hi @ascalise,

You can still totally automate this in Zapier. However, it looks like you’re using the “Create Page Post” action which does not support images. I suggest changing the action step to the “Create Page Photo” action:

69b068d04a7291d06774116de858de24.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps.