Question

Instagram for Business error: Could not upload media file. The image format isn't supported

• 9 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone! I’m trying to publish instagram posts from a google spreadsheet and am having trouble with the image. I’ve tried both inserting the image into the spreadsheet and adding a public google drive link. In both situations, I get this error:

Any advice? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Winnine,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive deeper into this, can you please double-check if the file you're trying to send is in a supported format for Instagram for Business? Here are the file formats that Instagram for Business supports: jpg, gif, png, ico, bmp.

bf1662fb1ec057c25efa6b9bd8d32d08.png
(view larger)

Keep us posted! 😊

Hello! Yes, it’s a PNG

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Winnine -

While PNG is a commonly used image format, it's possible that there is something about the specific PNG file you are using, that Instagram does not support.

Here’s what I came up with as possible troubleshooting options: 

1. Check the image file: Try opening the PNG file on your computer to ensure that it’s not corrupted or damaged. You can also try converting it to a different image format to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Try a different image: If you try the above and still encounter an error, you can also try using a different image, such as JPEG or BMP.  After that, I would try to resize the image and make sure it meets Instagrams size requirements! 

Let me know how things turn out! 😆