Question

Instagram embeds in Discord intermittently work

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi, I connected instagram to discord.
permalink is properly mapped to the text message. However, Instagram embeds in Discord intermittently generate. The permalink is functioning correctly; clicking the link takes you to the Instagram post.
The attached images show the Zapier settings and the message sent by the Zapier bot on Discord.

Do I need to make additional configurations in Zapier to ensure consistent embed generation?
I would appreciate your response.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out about this @judy97! 🙂

Hmm that’s very strange. If it’s occurring intermittently then I’d suspect that it’s likely an issue with the images themselves.

Are all the images from the same Instagram account? If not, are the links that don’t show an image preview from a private instagram account? Or could the images have been deleted since perhaps? Just wondering if that might what’s causing Discord to not be able to fully access the image and load the image preview as expected. Do you think that could be the case here?

Looking forward to hearing from you!