Question

Inserting an image into Outlook email isn't working

• 4 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m trying to insert a jpg image in my Outlook email but something’s not working. When I test it, the image doesn’t render. I’ve saved the image on my Google drive and made it viewable to anyone with the link.

See attached screenshot of the code I’ve inserted in my email.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers, Nell

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nell100 

Good question.

Try using this tool to get the correct link to use: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

Userlevel 1

Yay! That worked! Thanks so much, Troy. I specified an image width and height. Is there a way to make this width and height responsive rather than fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nell100 

You can try asking ChatGPT for help with the HTML for the email body.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear Troy’s suggested did the trick here, @Nell100! 🎉 

To make the image responsive you’d likely need to set the width as a percentage instead of in pixels. For example setting the width to 100% should ensure it expands the image’s width to fill the entire available space.

I’m not super familiar with formatting emails for use in Outlook specifically but if you don’t specify a height for the image I’d expect it would take care of automatically setting the image height in proportion to the width of the image. 

Hopefully that helps. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with that! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Sam. That worked beautifully :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Nell100! Glad to know the issue is now resolved, thanks to Troy and SamB’s help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗