Skip to main content

Hello!

I need help with a Zap that should send an email on a specific date (which is taken from Google Sheets), I’ll show you:

However something goes wrong. In the example I'll provide, the date should be June 14th:

Date @ Google Sheet (M/DD/YYYY)

However, I am having trouble interpreting the testing results or the date is coming out incorrectly, see:

Zap testing results 

This zap should be released at morning and my account had a timezone set already. 

Could someone guide me on how to properly set up the date formatting and ensure the Zap triggers the email on the correct date?

Thank you!

Hi @Marypeople 

We would need to see screenshots of the DATA IN tab to have more context.

Hi @Marypeople 

We would need to see screenshots of the DATA IN tab to have more context.

Hi Troy!

This is Data in:

Let me know if you need more information and thank you for trying to help!

@Marypeople 

That looks to be the DATA IN for Step 3.

What about how your Zap step is configured for Step 2?

@Marypeople

That looks to be the DATA IN for Step 3.

What about how your Zap step is configured for Step 2?

It’s just the date! I’ll show you: 

@Marypeople 

Have you tried turning the Zap ON and testing live?

If you are testing Step 3 in EDIT mode then it will always be 8 hours from the point in time when you test that Zap step.

When the Zap is ON and running live, it will be 8 hours from the point in time when the Zap Run reaches Step 3.

@Marypeople

Have you tried turning the Zap ON and testing live?

If you are testing Step 3 in EDIT mode then it will always be 8 hours from the point in time when you test that Zap step.

When the Zap is ON and running live, it will be 8 hours from the point in time when the Zap Run reaches Step 3.

Thanks Troy! I did a live testing and I understand now :)

That’s awesome @Marypeople! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand and pointing you in the right direction.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗