Question

Import from URL is not working.

• 13 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2

In Actions, when you try to import from URL, by clicking on 'Import from URL ’ and pasting ':

https://actions.zapier.com/gpt/api/v1/dynamic/openapi.json?tools=meta

(as in Get Started - Zapier AI Actions)

nothing happens even after clicking 'import’.

So, to apparently solve it, you open the link manually and past the content in the Schema text block there. 

But later, when trying to connect the assistant with Zapier it gets stuck as users me included have reported.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

cc: @Reid 

Userlevel 1

Still not working today

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @rudi.ranck and @Psych! 👋

I’m so sorry about the troubles with that Import from URL function not working as expected. AI Actions are a new and experimental beta product so it could well be that you’re running into a bug or temporary glitch.

@rudi.ranck - I can see you’ve also reached out to our Support team about this and you’ve been passed over to the Zapier AI support team. They’ll be the best folks to assist you on this so if you have any questions it’ll be best to follow up with the team directly, once they’ve had a chance to respond to your email.

@Psych - if you’ve not done so already I’d recommend reaching out to the Zapier AI support team as well. You can get in touch with them directly via the form here

Keen to ensure this gets sorted so please do keep us in the loop on how you both get on with them! 

Please share your solutions, as many others like also need an answer…
Thanks

Userlevel 1

I have been trying to solve it since it was launched.

It seems like Open AI still have some geolocation restrictions in their endpoints that process the requests with actions, I'm located in Brazil for example, so I was always receiving a 500 Internal server error.

The solution I found: VPN.

I've installed a VPN, set the location to US and it started working perfectly.

Let me know if it works for you guys as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Drumatized and @Vinicius Lana! 👋

@Vinicius Lana - thanks so much for sharing the solution you found - it’s much appreciated! 🤗

@rudi.ranck, @Psych and @Drumatized - do you think you might all be running into similar restrictions here or are you all based in the US? Please do let us know if setting up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) as Vinicius Lana described helps to get that Import from URL function working correctly.

Looking forward to hearing whether that VPN does the trick for everyone here! 🤞

Userlevel 1

Im located in Brazil and can´t run a VPN on my machine. Are we getting a fix for this problem?

Userlevel 1

Im located in Brazil and can´t run a VPN on my machine. Are we getting a fix for this problem?

Since the VPN solved the problem for me it seems like the problem is not with Zapier but Open AI geolocation restrictions, lind of a feature flag by region or something like that.

Userlevel 1

Since the VPN solved the problem for me it seems like the problem is not with Zapier but Open AI geolocation restrictions, lind of a feature flag by region or something like that.

Thanks Vinicius. What VPN do you use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re unable to use that VPN workaround, @lucianopacheco.

I’d recommend contacting the Zapier AI support team about this. They’ll be able to take a closer look and investigate what can be done on our side to help resolve the issue. Let us know if they’re able to suggest an alternative workaround or solution - I’m sure they’ll be plenty of other folks here that could also benefit from it too! 🙂