Best answer

Images not showing in LinkedIn posts through Zapier

Userlevel 1

Hello, I have two zaps about posting on linkedin, but the image is not shown. This would happen on linkedin only. There are others as you can see for facebook and there there is no issues. May you help me? Thanks! Attached an image where there is no image.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 1 June 2023, 08:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mdipaolo21,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

After some digging, it appears that the LinkedIn integration doesn't currently support posting images. However, we have received numerous requests for this feature and your email has been added to the list of interested users. Your input will help to increase the likelihood of implementing this feature in the future. We'll be sure to notify you via email as soon as it becomes available.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

I have to point out, until a couple of months ago it DID support images being pulled from the post. It just stopped one day. Now I have been waiting patiently for it to return as it was classed as a bug, but your latest response here does not fill me with hope. This is not just a nice to have feature, it is a mandatory feature. Without it I need to look elsewhere for a tool that can post with the image...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @iannock, and @mdipaolo21,

I apologize for the confusion here, it seems like this is a known bug with the LinkedIn integration where the Create Company/Create Share Update Action URLs posted with image links don't show image. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added both of your email address as another affected users. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience this bug may have caused you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi there @iannock, and @mdipaolo21,

I apologize for the confusion here, it seems like this is a known bug with the LinkedIn integration where the Create Company/Create Share Update Action URLs posted with image links don't show image. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added both of your email address as another affected users. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience this bug may have caused you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hello! 

We are facing the same issue, which started just today. All the images were shown okay till yesterday.

By when can we expect the issue to be reolved?

And do we have a workaround that could be utilised, since our company heavily relies on this feature for all our postings.

Best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Fibre2Fashion,

I want to apologize for any inconvenience caused by this bug. I've added you as another affected member to the open bug report. Currently, we don't have any updates regarding this bug, but please know that our team is fully aware of it.

Unfortunately, we don't have a workaround available for this issue at the moment. I understand that it can be frustrating, but I truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I have spent the last hour trying to set this zap up. I’m quite new to this so thought it might be something i was doing wrong. I have managed to set it up so it’s posting but can’t get the image to show

Has this issue now been fixed?

Many thanks

Terry 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Terry Poole,

Unfortunately, this issue is not yet fixed. That said, I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t give an exact timeframe on when this bug will get fixed. We will keep you in the loop via email once it is.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am also needing to be able to automate Linkedin posts with images but the image is not posting. Has this issue been addressed yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TMICglobal,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into the same bug with the LinkedIn integration. Unfortunately, there is no update regarding this bug yet.

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We can’t really provide a timeframe on when this bug will get fixed, but we will ensure to let you know via email once there is.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello I just wanted you to know that our App is a Zapier integration and we are also now experiencing this issue though it used to work.  I can see that it still works depending on the image hosting and based on our setup I wanted to say I can confirm it’s not working for images hosted by AWS s3 buckets - for either presigned urls or for those with open public access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @JessicaG! 🙂

You mentioned “our App is a Zapier integration”. So can I just double-check whether you’re having this trouble when using the LinkedIn app on Zapier specifically? Or is it that you’re having a similar issue to the one being discussed here but on a different app?

Happy to add you to the list of affected users but wanted to make sure that it’s definitely the LinkedIn app specifically that you’re experiencing this issue with, not different app which would need to be investigated separately.  

Looking forward to hearing from you!