Question

I trying to use Zapier Webhooks with Litmos REST API but I am getting API Key not valid error

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I am using a simple GET. I had a call with Litmos support to review all the parameters configured in Zapier, they confirmed that my parameters are configured correctly. I also tested the same REST API call with Postman and it worked. But with Zapier I am getting the error: 

The API key that you have used for this request is either not valid or your account is not enabled for API access. (HTTP Status Code: 401)

Has anyone else seen this error? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lidiane Mocko 

Good question.

For us to have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Hi @Troy Tessalone it is a GET Event. I added the screenshot with the details below. From what I can tell, when I used Postman to test this API call, it is using xml. I think the problem is with the format of JSON from Zapier. Unfortunately, Zapier support is saying that they cannot help and Litmos support is saying they will not help because it is working in Postman. Any ideas of any other steps I can take to troubleshoot? 

Webhook configuration for Litmos API call

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lidiane Mocko 

Check to make sure there is not a leading/trailing space in the URL or other input values.