Question

I need help with creating two zaps for my "line items" Please help!

• 24 November 2022
  • 25 replies

Badge

Hi! Can someone help me connect two of my zaps. I have been trying to get help from Zapier and they haven’t gotten back to me to help me connect it. They sent me steps but one of the steps isn’t working and I would like my zaps to be connected in time for Black Friday. Please help!! - Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LMV 

Please provide more context about the Zap steps you are trying to configure and what issue you are having in order for us to have more context.

Badge

Hi! I posted two screenshots above. I am trying to connect my Shopify to Kajabi. When someones purchases my products on Shopify they will be sent to Kajabi to access my courses. I would like to use zaps to allow access and revoke access using Zapier.

Badge

I am stuck on Step 2 to test action button so that I can complete the other sets to connect my zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LMV 

In the filter step just add the 2nd filter condition by clicking on the “+ And” Then click Continue, im not sure where you’re stuck.

Please check out Zapier University for more tutorials 

Badge

Hi thanks for responding back. With the filter and set up shouldn’t it say complete not that my zap would not have continued before I move on to adding the next step??

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It says your zap wouldnt have continued because Item 1 does NOT contain Full (does it?). But this doesnt mean you cannot complete the zap, its just that for future data the next steps wont run once you turn on the zap. 

Badge

Hi! I added the other step for the “half” but it still shows as my zap would not have continued. What does this mean and how can I show it as complete?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

First, remove the quotes from Full and Half.

Second, click on Sample data to see what the data contains 

Third, are you sure that this is the field you want to check for that data? 

Badge

Hi! So I clicked the sample data and one of my other products show up. I did explain that to another Zapier expert who was helping me with this. Both of my courses have not been bought from Shopify yet so there’s no data for it other than what’s showing up “The Vendor List For Lash Technicians” and they told me to test to see if it would connect to both of my courses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is fine. The filter shouldn't stop you from completing the zap. 

What is the next step in the zap supposed to be? 

Badge

I am new to using Zapier and I am not tech savvy. I am not sure how to get the sample data so that I can connect both of my courses that are Half and Full Package. Hope that makes sense.

Also! I appreciate your help as I haven't been getting much help with connecting my zaps.

Badge

When clicking continue it shows this step. Is this when I connect one of each course to Kajabi? Would I have to repeat this process again to set up my second zap for my other course?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LMV 

You’ll need to submit representative Shopify Orders for each use case you are trying to test, then pull that data thru in the Zap trigger.

Here’s a help article about how to change your trigger test data to use to configure and test your Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Also, when in doubt, turn the Zap ON and test, then check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Badge

Okay do you mean purchasing my own two courses through Shopify to sync the data for the zap? 

Also! I am on the free plan, to turn on my zaps would I be able to do that using the starter plan?

Sorry if I am asking so many questions, I am just a bit confused and overwhelmed with this process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LMV 

Yes, purchase your own Shopify products, then refresh the Zap trigger to pull thru the new data to use to configure and test your Zap steps.

Zaps with 3+ steps require a Zapier paid plan.

The Zapier plan you’ll need depends on other factors. (e.g. volume)

For now, I’d recommend going with the Zapier Starter plan, as you can always upgrade.

Badge

Hi! I created two test purchases through my Shopify and I paid for the Starter plan. How can I start or refresh the trigger it still shows “The Vendor List For Lash Technician” for the data.

Badge

Hi! I restarted my zap and found the data because of the new paid offer that I tested on Shopify. However, what do I insert in the external user ID? I need help with this. 

Also! Is this considered a “line item” still? Since there is new data for each? Would I have to use all of these steps to still complete my zaps?

Badge

Hi! Can someone help me with this step so that I can finish setting up my first zap so that I can move on to completing and connecting my other zaps. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LMV 

FYI: You’re missing a space between these 2 mapped variables.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LMV 

For the External User ID field, check the description underneath the field for guidance.

Note: External User ID

The external user ID in Kajabi is something platforms use to reference your customer and we recommend using the email address as this is something that’s unique to your customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LMV 

Also! Is this considered a “line item” still? Since there is new data for each? Would I have to use all of these steps to still complete my zaps?

You haven’t shown screenshot that clearly indicate what each Zap step is (app + event), so we’d need to see that in order to further evaluate and advise.

Badge

Hi! Thanks for responding back. I was able to connect my Full Package course. I created a new test purchase on Shopify with a different email but when I went to test for my Half Package it should this error and the test was sent to my Full Package. What should I do to connect my Half Package?

Badge

Hi Troy! Are you still there? I’m struggling to connect my Half Package course and want it to be available tonight for Black Friday for my students. I share screenshots. Let me know if you want to see more screenshots to help me connect this. - Thanks in advance.

Badge

Hi Troy! 

I haven't been able to connect my second zap all day. I was hoping to have to it set by tonight for Black Friday, please help. I’m stuck and don’t know how to connect it. - Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LMV!

The error that you shared looks like it was happening because there’s already an offer grant using the email address from the Zap:

This could happen if you previously used that email address in Kajabi for this offer, or if you tested the step more than once. 

Could you try testing it with a different email? Let us know how you get on!