Question

I'm having trouble pulling data from main worksheet to lookup leads for a phone number in a separate worksheet

I have 1 main google sheet with 3 worksheets in side of it. The 2 main worksheets in this sheet are the master leads sheet and the positive replies sheet.

What I am trying to do is any time a lead is placed in the positive replies sheet, I want to create a zap that can look up that lead in the master leads sheets section, so it can pull the main lead’s phone number from the main leads sheet and place it in the positive replies sheet, but when I try to set this up, Zapier is only pulling data from the positive replies sheet and won’t pull data from the main leads sheet. Any fix here? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @omegadragon, welcome to the Community!

When you set up a Google Sheets action, you choose both the Spreadsheet (the overall Google Sheets file) and the Worksheet (the tabs in the spreadsheet). When you set up your trigger, you’ll need to select the Master leads worksheet as the sheet to trigger from. 

If you’ve done that and are still experiencing some trouble, could you share a screenshot of how the trigger is set up and the data that you’re getting when you test the trigger? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @omegadragon 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: GSheets - New Row
    1. Worksheet: Positive
  2. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
    1. Worksheet: Master
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Worksheet: Positive
      1. Row: Map the Row/ID from Step 1

Help articles to reference for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Hi Danvers, thanks for your response. As shown in the screenshot, I have the action set up for the Zap to pull from the master lead sheet as you mentioned, but you can see in the columns section it says phone number no data, I know this is from the positive replies worksheet. So it is still pulling data from the wrong worksheet.