Best answer

I'm getting an error message about not having a location when creating a post in Google My Business.

I am trying to complete a zap from Facebook pages to Google My Business. For any new post in Facebook pages, create a post in GMB. But I keep getting an error message about not having a location. There is no choice for a location. What should be put in the step location? What can I do to continue?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 November 2022, 01:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CBFinley 

Good question.

In order for us to have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Make sure all required fields are populated.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Please let me know if you need something else. It says Google My Business for the location, but it is not correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CBFinley 

This mapped variable for Location has no value. (see compared to the Summary mapped variable for Link which has a URL value)

I’m unable to tell based on the screenshot if Location is a required field, which can only be seen when editing the Zap step configuration.
If Location is a required field, then that is why the Zap step is resulting in an error, because a value is expected.

Screenshot of the location field

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CBFinley 

Location is a required field.

Location is a dropdown field that expects certain values.

When you see the list of options you will see 2 values per option (larger value is the friendly value, and the smaller gray value is the internal value that the system expects).

Troy, that’s what I understand. But there were no options that showed. I think that is what is keeping me from moving forward. How do you add location(s)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CBFinley 

Locations would need to be added in GMB.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@CBFinley - were you able to add a location in Google My Business so that you can complete the Zap? Let us know, or if you hit any other roadbumps-- we’re here to help :] 

Hi Rachel, does it have to be a physical address? Because I have a service area listed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Location is a required field.

Location is a dropdown field that expects certain values.

When you see the list of options you will see 2 values per option (larger value is the friendly value, and the smaller gray value is the internal value that the system expects).

Locations would need to be added in GMB.

Hi there, @CBFinley! I found this support question for updating your Google My Business profile address. 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2853879?hl=en

I’ll also include these suggestions from our Support team:

Kindly check to see if the account connected in Zapier is an Agency Account;

Kindly check the link below;
https://support.google.com/business/answer/7353903?hl=en 

Locations did not seem to show if the account connected in Zapier is an Agency Account. You can create a new individual user in Google My Business and make that user an Owner of the location. Connecting in Zapier as this new account should provide access to the Locations.

I hope it helps!