Question

I have started receiving error: "Required field "Full Name" (name) is missing."

• 11 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Recently I started receiving and error from my Zap. It states "Required field "Full Name" (name) is missing." 

This was not a problem when I first set up the Zap (it only started a week ago). I have re-published multiple time and verified that the first and last name fields are being called out in the form. This is a Zap from Keap to QuickBooks online. Any help would be appreciated! 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BarefootPoolMan 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to have full context.

Hi Troy, the first screenshot is how I have the Zap configured to have QB pull data from Keap and what fields to place them into. Note that I am requesting that the contact first name and last name be entered into the “Full Name” field. The second screen shot shows the error that Zapier keeps sending me. What is strange is that this Zap had been working just fine until recently. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have submitted three different requests into Zapier and have received no feedback other than their automated response..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BarefootPoolMan 

In the Zap Runs, when you see the {{variable}} instead of actual values, that means the mapped variable was:

• invalid
  • missing
  • empty/blank/null

You may need to remap variables from Step 1.

You may need to add a Filter as Step 2 to prevent the Zap Run errors: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

I am new to Zapier and this is my first and only Zap so far, so my apologies for being a bit green. I have attached photos of the latest Zap history data in and data out that shows the first and last name were entered, I also attached a snapshot of the Zap itself that shows those data points being requested from Keap. I looked back at older Zaps that worked and found that all {{data points}} were filler out properly in them. 

In all of my failed Zaps, non of the fields are being filled out at all. So I edited the Zap, reconnected through Keap and QuickBooks, then republished and tried to re-run a Zap that did not work. I still received the same error (last photo attached). I don’t know if I understand the filter options that you suggested, but I am not sure why I would all of a sudden need them. It just seems like the data is not being pulled properly from Keap, and I am not sure why. :(

Sorry, apparently this last photo did not attach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BarefootPoolMan 

Observation: You probably want to add a space between the mapped variables.

See screenshots.

e.g. In the Zap Run, the DATA OUT from Keap is just first_name, last_name.

But in the Zap Step 2 config, the DATA IN for Full Name is contact__first_name, contact__last_name.

That seems to indicate the data being provided in when configuring the Zap has a different data structure than when the Zap Runs live. (not ideal)

You may have to do custom pill mapping:

If you need help consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts