Best answer

I can't turn on my Zap

• 27 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

I built a zap for my client, tested it. All looks good, but I turn it on then update the page and can see that it is OFF again. 

I deleted connections and connected apps once again, but it didn’t work. 

Could you please help me to sort it out?

Thanks.

Kind regards, 
Irina Unal

icon

Best answer by Irina Unal 28 March 2023, 12:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @Irina Unal!

Are you getting any error messages emails? They would be able to shed some light on what might be happening. If you’re not seeing any Zap runs in the Zap history, the issue could be with the trigger. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Irina Unal! 👋

Hmm, if all the triggers and actions test successfully and the app connections are correct then I wonder if it might be being switched off due to limitations on the Zapier plan itself?

For example, premium apps. Salesforce is a premium app, so if they’ve got a plan that is limited to 3 premium apps (Starter) and is already using 3 premium apps then they won’t be able to use it. You can see what’s available across all the different Zapier plans here: Plans and pricing. Could it be that there’s a plan limit they’re running into here?

If not, it might be worth reviewing our Can't turn on or publish Zap guide as that gives details of common issues that can prevent a Zap from being switched on/published. 

Can you take a look through those links and let us know whether you’re able to identify the reason why it’s being switched off? Keen to ensure you’re all set here, so we’ll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Danvers

Thank you for your message!

We haven’t received any error messages or emails. I have already open a ticket.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @SamB

Thank you for your message!

We have a Professional plan and an unlimited number of zaps for Premium applications. So, this shouldn’t be an issue. 

I have a couple more zaps for Salesforce and Moodle, but I can’t turn on any of them. 

I have opened a ticket for this.

Thank you very much for your help and support!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried to create new connection with Salesforce and now it shows me an error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Irina Unal,

I am jumping in here to see if I can help!

Zaps turning off automatically is usually due to the trigger step. That said, I did some digging into our notes and it seems like the Award Force app requires a read/write scope for you to be able to integrate with Zapier.

Could you please double-check your Award Force scope API and ensure that it is set to read/write?

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Danvers , @SamB SamB, @ken.a !

Thank you very much for all your help and support!

Thank you @ken.a for your message! I created new Read/write API key!

I could sort the issue out.

When I checked, for perhaps the hundredth time, my Zap and logged into our Award force account to copy the API key, I noticed there Zapier’s page. There were several Zap’s examples, and the app wasn’t Award Force but Good Grants! 

So, I have tweaked my zap, changed Award Force to Good Grants, and turned it on. 

Fingers crossed, it will work now. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Irina Unal,

You are most welcome! I’m glad we could help a little bit with the issue!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are always happy to help! 🤗