Skip to main content
Best answer

I can't select a Microsoft SharePoint site when trying to update Microsoft SharePoint list

• 26 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I need to use the action “Update List Item in Microsoft SharePoint”. When I select this action, I can’t select the sharepoint site and list.
I connected successfully to sharepoint and other actions like “create list item” and “find list item” are working well.

Is the update action simply not working yet or what am I doing wrong here?

This is what it should look like: this action allows me to select my SharePoint site.

This happens when using the action “update list item”: only items of previous flows can be selected

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EnreachGTMDE, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

You’re not doing anything wrong here. That Site field on the Update List Item action is a text field instead of a dropdown field which is why you’re not able to select the site from a list of available sites. 

Looking at the help text for that Site field it seems that it expects the site name to be entered:
8fb459bb42813f6be2a694dfd89eb093.png

Can you try typing in the name for the desired site into that field? Or alternatively, you can leave that field blank it will default to the root SharePoint site. Then test the action once you’ve finished setting it up and let me know if that allows the list item to be updated correctly?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

Hi Sam,

thanks for your hint. Its working fine and i learned for the next times!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @EnreachGTMDE! I’m so pleased it worked. 🤗

If you come across any further issues or questions at all do let me know.

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡