Best answer

HubSpot to Slack: Slack is showing message for Closed Won deals regardless of stage.

• 18 June 2023
  • 5 replies

My zap is to be showing a message in Slack when a deal is Closed Won (only). However, it seems to be showing said deals any time a new one is added, regardless of stage. Where did I go wrong? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 June 2023, 00:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Coworker 

Good question.

Instead, try using this Zap trigger: HubSpot - Updated Deal Stage

So, as a follow up (this solution worked); I’m trying Deal Type and it’s coming up blank. However, I have the Deal Type completed in Hubspot. Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Coworker,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

For HubSpot to pull the “Deal Information: Type” field. You would want to retrieve that field in the “Additional properties to retrieve” field in the trigger step. Like so:

eaaaebeb9f5560b44046851a9e76d99d.png
(view larger)

Once you've done that, please create some new sample data in your HubSpot app. Make sure to fill in the "Deal Information: Type" data. Afterward, you can load this new sample data by clicking on the "Find new records" button located in the "Test" section of the trigger step. Then, simply select the newly created sample data.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Thanks for the additional info. Still not seeming to be finding it though for some reason. I have it populated under Type and have the Zap looking for it but no data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Coworker,

Thanks for letting us know!

Could you please try these troubleshooting steps for me?

1. Reconnect your HubSpot account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/hubspot
  2. Make sure that the correct field is selected in the “Additional properties to retrieve”. In your case is the “Deal information: Type”.
  3. Republish the Zap.
  4. Trigger the Zap again to see if it’ll pull the “Type” data.

Could you please give that a try? 😊