Question

Hubspot to Mailchimp Zap error message, "Failed to create a subscriber in Mailchimp"

• 27 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

We have a Hubspot to Mailchimp zap running for a long time, but recently, we started receiving error message 

“Mailchimp ran into an error: Invalid Resource - The resource submitted could not be validated. For field-specific details, see the 'errors' array. email_address: xyz@abc52401 is not a valid email address.”

It's for some reason adding the contact ID along with the email and as a therefore the error message. I have tried fixing it several time following the troubleshooting steps and some other community discussions, but haven’t been able to fix it. 

Strangely, this Zap has been running for over a year, but it only started throwing this error recently. 

I’d really appreciate any advice / support with this. 

Thanks. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AJ01 

We will need to see screenshots with how your zap steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone , please see below: 

In some cases when the Zaps do work, they are often missing all the information except the email of the contact. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AJ01

We would need to see screenshots with how your ‘Action’ section is configured for Step 2.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone please see below, apologies, had to redact some personal information: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AJ01 

The Email Address field expects a value of an email address.

Only this field should be mapped.

Userlevel 1

So how do the other fields such as First Name, Last Name, Company etc get mapped? Would I need to specify those as well? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AJ01 

Make sure to use the correct Zap action: Mailchimp - Add/Update Subscriber

You had this selected.