Question

Hubspot "Find Contact" Action: Not Finding All Contacts and Stopping After First contact is found

• 16 June 2022
  • 6 replies

We probably have something configured incorrectly but we’re having issues with the “Find Contact” action when integrating with hubspot. 

Our Zap is supposed to: 

1. Look up specific deals based on swim lane
  2. Based on a deal property, find contacts who share the same property 
  3. Associate the identified contacts with the deal

For example, we offer a product with seat licenses. We have a deal with a single contact associated to it. We want to find ALL of the contacts who are part of this account (seat holders) and associate them to the deal. 

For the most part, everything is working. It finds the correct deals, filters the right properties, and associates them to the deal correctly. Our main issue is, it stops after finding one contact when there are at least 15-20 others that should have been associated. 

Are we using find contact incorrectly? Is it designed to stop after finding the first contact? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @wbowles 

Good question.

If there are multiple Contacts returned, then you may need to use Looping to handle line items (aka 1+ Contacts: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Hi @wbowles 

Good question.

If there are multiple Contacts returned, then you may need to use Looping to handle line items (aka 1+ Contacts: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for your response. I think this is my problem though, it’s not returning multiple contacts for me to even have to handle something with a loop. Find contact is finding the first matching contact and then moving on to complete the rest of the actions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@wbowles 

Can you post screenshots with the order of your Zap steps for context?

@Troy Tessalone yes sir here you go. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@wbowles 

The HubSpot Find Contact Zap action will only find 1 record.

FYI: Most Zap triggers/actions work on a per record basis.

Try using this Zap action (HubSpot Find Associations) to find the Contacts associated the Deal, then use the Looping app.

We need the ability to find ALL contacts in hubspot, not just one. How do we do this?