Best answer

HubSpot error: This step was safely halted because nothing was found in HubSpot.

• 16 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Does anyone have experience with or suggestions for removing contacts from lists in Hubspot if the contact does not exist in Hubspot? We are aware that in order to successfully remove/add contacts to lists they must first exist in Hubspot which makes sense. 

In our zap, we basically do the below.  In the cases where the contact is not found, ideally we would want to skip subsequent steps. However, this does not look to be happening and instead the zap continues to the next step which errors and Zapiers sends a lot of error notifications.

1. Find Contact (Hubspot)
    1. In this action, we set the ‘Should this step be considered a ‘success’ when nothing is found?’ to No/False.

2. Remove contact from List (Hubspot)

Example error log: 

icon

Best answer by jleong 16 September 2022, 21:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

I was able to resolve my issues by adding a Zap filter action step to skip the remove contact from list step if no results were found in Hubspot, but was really hoping to reduce the number of steps. I will say the setting ‘Should this step be considered a ‘success’ when nothing is found?’ is misleading.