Best answer

HubSpot error: The request is not valid errors: Error in 'fields.TICKET.ticket_priority'.

• 18 August 2023
  • 6 replies

When making a zap that submits a hubspot form...if the form contains ticket fields (as all forms that automatically creates tickets do) zapier fails with the following:

Failed to create a form in HubSpot

The request is not valid errors: Error in 'fields.TICKET.ticket_priority'. Required field 'TICKET.ticket_priority' is missing Error in 'fields.TICKET.subject'. Required field 'TICKET.subject' is missing Error in 'fields.TICKET.content'. Required field 'TICKET.content' is missing

This is despite the fact that those fields show up in the editor and have data assigned to them. In fact - when the test action is run - you can see the data properly identified in the form content field previews.

It seems that the way zapier is accessing the ticket based fields in a form is broken.  All other fields can be used without an issue.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  

I don’t want to directly create the ticket from zapier as the submitting the form is useful to gather additional information.

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 18 August 2023, 20:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @edit4ever 

Good question.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Thanks - as you can see here in the actions - the three fields:

Priority (ticket_priority) | Ticket name (subject) | Ticket Description (content)

All show up fine - and even have the sample data showing from the email parser.

Even if I replace the parsed info with static text - it still fails.  And the priority field is just a dropdown with one of the choices selected - and that one fails with the no content error.

While the Test is running - you can see the field data is here:

But it still fails with this error:

As an FYI - this is only 1 step - which is triggered by the email parser by zapier app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@edit4ever 

Check the field description for Ticket Phone.

I filled it in with 555-555-5555 and same result. 

BTW - that is our own copy - it’s not actually a required field in hubspot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@edit4ever 

I was able to replicate the issue.

Best to submit a bug ticket to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

You’ll probably want to look for a workaround solution in the meantime.

One option would be to try to use the HubSpot API: https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/submit_form

Zap action: HubSpot - API Request

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @edit4ever ,

Sorry to hear you’re running into this. This is a known bug we first heard about about a month ago. I’ve added you to the bug report.

I don’t have an estimate on when this will be fixed, but the Hubspot team in charge of the integration knows about that bug report and since your email address is associated with it you’ll be notified as soon as there is news.

Sorry not to have better news for you here.