Question

HubSpot dropdown fields in Bubble app showing underscores instead of slashes.

• 21 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve got an integration to update our hubspot with user data whenever a user updates their profile in our bubble app. It works for everything except for certain drop-down fields. It’s throwing the error:

validationMessages: - seniority_list: director_management_partner was not one of the allowed options: [label: "C-suite/VP/Owner"value: "C-suite/VP/Owner"display_order: 0hidden: falseread_only: false, label: "Director/Ma

So I though ok well the app is sending these with underscores instead of slashes which is why I’m getting an error, as the hubspot field only has slashes. I went to add a formatting step to format them but when I did that, it shows that the values for that field have slashes in them, not underscores.

I have no idea why this is happening but both fields in bubble and hubspot match perfectly (they use slashes) and I’m not sure how to fix it. Why is it formatting it one way in the form, but different in the actual zap run? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @DWildcatters,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thanks for reaching out! I hope you're having a great day so far—happy to lend a hand here.

I reviewed our logs to see if I could find more info here and this is the error we received:

{
"validationResults": [{
"isValid": false,
"message": "director_management_partner was not one of the allowed options
"error": "INVALID_OPTION",
"name": "seniority_list"
}, {
"isValid": false,
"message": "business_development_sales was not one of the allowed options
}
}

I can see what you mean with how the fields have slashes within them in the editor, however in live runs there seem to be underscores being sent along by Bubble.

Based on what I was able to find within internal docs, you will need to make sure you have walked through the setup documented here:
https://manual.bubble.io/core-resources/bubble-made-plugins/zapier#set-up-in-bubble

Especially relevant for this issue, you'll will want to follow Step 3 of the Data API setup:

Check the Use field display instead of ID for key names to avoid an issue causing a discrepancy between the test trigger data and live data within Zapier.

Once you do this, you'll need to grab a new sample in the trigger, then remap their fields.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be more than happy to assist.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

So that box in step 3 is/was checked before these issues started happening. So I’m not sure how you propose I fix this issue since it shows up one way but is being sent another. Do you recommend that I use a format step and replace the underscores with slashes? 

The more I use your platform the more problems like this that I run into. It seems as though y’all find these little nuances as ways to force people to use more tasks and that’s a terrible experience from the user side. Why does the data in the fields show up with slashes in zapier if that’s not the data that’s being pushed across? Seems to me that there’s something happening on your end that’s causing this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @DWildcatters,

I’m so sorry for the frustrations here. As much as I want to help you further my troubleshooting tools are limited. I’d recommend replying to the ticket so that our Support team can help you by looking closer at the Zap and its logs and determine the cause of the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@ken.a I don’t even see how I can reply to the support ticket? Where do I see and reply to it on here? Is it under community or where do I go to see/communicate with support? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @DWildcatters,

The Support ticket should be under the contact@zapier.com email address in your inbox. I’d recommend searching for any emails from zapier.com in your email inbox.