Skip to main content

I’m trying to create a Zap when there’s a new entry in Typeform, send a personalized email via Outlook. The problem I have is that the address I want to send the email from is a group email, which is not an actual email with a password, but I do have permission to send emails from that address.

When I put this group email address in the “From” field of the email and test the trigger, it gives me a troubleshooting error that says “Failed to create an email in Microsoft Outlook. Unable to send an email: The mailbox is either inactive, soft-deleted, or is hosted on-premise.”

Am I missing another thing that prevents the emails from being sent? Or is it possible to send the emails from this email group? I have permission to send emails from that group email, but it does not have a password, so I can’t connect it like it’s another Outlook account.

Hi there @dimilin 👋

I just came across your post here and spotted that you also reached out to our Support team and they were able to suggest a workaround that allowed you to send from the desired email address.

Sharing details of that workaround here in case it’s helpful for anyone else that might come across this thread searching for an answer:

“From what I can remember is you can create a distribution list from which if an email was sent to distro@test.com for example, and this distribution list has the following email (person@test.comperson2@test.com, and person3@test.com) then they will all receive that email.

I believe the best workaround here is to have your IT set a password on this ‘group email’ instead and use it to connect to the Outlook app so it can send the email by itself.

To create a new connection in the step, click Change then Connect a new account and enter the credentials of the ‘group email’ you want to use.”

If you run into any further issues or questions at all do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡️