Skip to main content

I'm using Service Fusion and Smartsheet. My trigger is every time a new invoice is created to update my sheet in Smartsheet. I also have a filter to update if Bill To Customer location Exist. Since we get a lot of invoices I'm getting Zap Alerts that there may be a problem with my zap.

Looking for suggestion so that I don't get so many alerts

Hi @LAndersen2210 

For us to have more context, post screenshots from your Zap Runs of the encountered error and post screenshots with how your Zaps 3-4 are configured in EDIT mode.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

This is the zap run 

Im using a query to find the row in Smartsheet based on the bill to customer ID location in Service Fusion 

I wont the row to only update if it matches the query 

Hi @LAndersen2210 👋

Are you wanting the Zap to only continue if the invoice triggering the Zap contains a location ID, or are you wanting to check that there is an existing row in the Smartsheet before attempting to update it?

Currently it’s doing the former, so if it’s the latter, then you’d need to move the filter step in between the Find sheet Row and New Row Update actions. Then update the filter conditions to check the output from the Find sheet Row action instead of the trigger. That will allow the Zap to only attempt to update the row if a matching row was found.

The Find sheet Row action erroring whenever it doesn’t find a match isn’t the expected behaviour her, it may be a bug. So I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to flag this. You can get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, would you want to add a new row to the Smartsheet if a row isn’t found? If so, you might want to use an error handler that will add a Success and Error path to your Zap, allowing you to create a new row if it errors due to not finding a match. And updates the existing row if it does find a match. You can learn more about error handlers here: Set up custom error handling

That said, in the Row ID field on the New Row Update action it appears that the location ID for the customer has been selected instead of the ID of the row that you want the Zap to update. To fix this you’ll want to select the ID field from the Find sheet Row action instead. For example:
04dbd325d8f31f79cadee68f652b391a.png

This should ensure that whatever row is found by the Find sheet Row search action will be updated.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any further issues or questions just let us know! 🙂