Skip to main content

Hi! 
I’m trying to create a help ticket system. The flow should look like this:

Typeform → Zapier → Notion

I have everything working, but I can’t get Zapier to insert any images into the Notion page. In Zapier it says “(Exists but not shown)”. This is important as I want users to be able to send screenshots.

So how do I parse an image from a form to a Notion page? :)

Thanks!!

Zapier 
Typeform

Hi @emillyngbojabs 

Notion help links: https://zapier.com/apps/notion/help

I can't see all fields in my Zap

Not all Notion property types are supported in Zapier.
These property types will not appear in your triggers or actions.
The following property types are not supported:
  • Files and media
  • Formulas
  • Relations
  • Rollups
  • Status

Thanks Troy!
Wish this was possible. Sending files from a Google Form directly to Notion is possible, but it requires a Google account which some people from my company don’t have.

Hey there @emillyngbojabs 👋

As uploading an image file to Notion is not currently supported by Notion’s API, I’d recommend reaching out to Notion’s support team directly to put in a feature request for the ability to upload image files via their API. 

As an alternative, what you could do is upload the image to another app like Google Drive then add a link to view the file in Notion using Markdown. For example:

07f93ba5fd8ea8f1dd83023476ef22b3.png
Note: If you’re using Google Drive to upload the file and need others to be able to view the file you’ll want to follow it up with a Add File Sharing Preference (Google Drive) action to change the file’s permissions to Anyone on the internet who has the link can view. That will allow folks that don’t have access to your Google Account to view the file.

Not an ideal solution know but hopefully helps to get things up and running in the meantime! 🤞

Hi @emillyngbojabs,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Sam’s recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

I’ve brought the issue forward to Notion. I will check out the solution suggested above in the meantime!

Thanks for helping out :)

Thanks for letting us know, @emillyngbojabs. Hopefully Notion will be able to get that functionality added to their API soon! 🤞

If you run into any trouble with that workaround do let me know, happy to assist further! 🙂