Best answer

How to import .xls file from Dropbox to Google Sheets?

• 18 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The idea is to import the export order (.xls) from dropbox to google sheet daily.

I want to import this daily. Meaning, there will be new tabs created everyday for daily exported sheets.

It goes like this:

​​​​​​​1. At 12:05 am, zapier will export the order sheets (from woocommerce) into dropbox in .xls format and will be kept in a folder for every month.​​​​​

2.Then, zapier would import the order sheets from the file in dropbox to a google sheets spreadsheet

3.This process will repeated everyday for every order sheets in different worksheets (Exp:Today’s export orders will be imported in a worksheet(tab) and tomorrow’s export orders will be imported to different worksheet(tab) but in the same google sheet. Therefore, by the end of the month, i will have 1 tab for each day (1 tab for 1 order sheet daily)

So the problem here is, we cannot seem to find a way to import .xls file from dropbox to a specific google sheet file.

Do you know a way around this?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 August 2021, 16:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex_ekhlass 

CSV files can be imported using the Formatter > Utilities > Import CSV File: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/import-csv-files-into-zaps

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I tried doing it but could not make it.How will be the flowchart for the step above?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex_ekhlass 

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

Hi! @Troy Tessalone 

I tried doing it again and the automation is working. Thanks Troy. Now, I am facing a new problem. In the google sheets, there is a column for image and it will contain the images of the products but now I’m receiving it in url format. How can we change the image’s url to image. Is there any specific way?I even tried using the formula but nothing is working. Is it because of the .csv format?