Best answer

Get Social Media Analytics Data

• 15 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone !

First time for me posting a message in the community. I always found my ways with all the great topics in the community but this time I am struggling. I taking my chance and hope someone else encounter the same situation.

Context : I am trying to create from scratch a social media analytics base in Airtable. Meaning that I would like to get all available data from Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram as soon I post a message.

I would like to retrieve with Zapier (number of followers, number of fans, number of views, likes, etc) for any social media tools I am using.

My Issue : I could retrieve few data || When using the trigger “My tweet”, I can access few information but not for example the number of likes or views. The same goes with other social media tools.

Question : Did anyone encounter this issue and if so is there a way to retrieve all those datas with Zapier ?

Looking forward to any answer :)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 May 2021, 20:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Spike 

You’ll most likely have to leverage the APIs for each of these apps to get these data points.

You can use app APIs in Zaps using the Webhooks app: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations

NOTE: This is an advanced approach that involves coding concepts.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone for your answer.

I’ve only been using webhook by copy/paste link from Zapier to the application where I wanted to retrieve the data. So nothing with the API.

I’ve looked at your link and I wanted to know what you would recommend among those “actions” :

I will definitely use whatever help I can get :)

Thanks a lot,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Spike 

The Webhooks actions will depend on the API documentation for each app.

This involves the method, the authentication, the headers, the data formatting, path parameters, data parameters, etc.

Webhooks overview: https://zapier.com/page/webhooks/