Best answer

How to get MySQL fields updated in Zapier?

• 5 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I am working on an integration from Leadfeeder to MySQL and I the Refresh fields button does not work. Any idea on how to resolve that issue? I know that I can delete and redo the task, but that’s simply a waste of time. Any idea? Thanks all! 

icon

Best answer by jesse 7 September 2022, 22:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @aoris!

Thanks for your question! Could you share some more information about your Zap - what specific triggers and actions are you using? I assume that when you say the Refresh fields button, I’m assuming that you mean the one in the Zap editor, is that right? If so could you confirm what is happening and what you expect to happen when you press it?

Thanks!

Hello @Danvers!  Thanks for your message. 

Yes, it is the Refresh fields button of the Zap editor. I would expect the list of available fields (from the target MySQL table) to get updated. And nothing happens. 

Actually, even if I create a brand new Zap pointing to the same table, I do not see the fields I have added since the first time I used the table in a Zap. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @aoris! I see you were able to reach out to our support team about this, who was able to get things sorted for you.

For anyone following along with a similar issue, it will be helpful to know that when you add new fields, you will need to first populate them with data before you click "refresh fields" in Zapier. If there are no values for the new fields then your Zap may not be able to see them.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @jesse 

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Adding a new column, renaming, removing, reordering etc. doesn’t prompt a change after the first connection to that table in a Zap.

Even creating a new column, fully populating with data and then hitting refresh fields doesn’t work.

The only solution appears to be creating a new Zap, which often means the Webhook trigger has been “used” already from another Zap. I’ve also found that it does show after a few hours delay.

Expected behaviour is that on Refresh Fields press the live list of fields is returned.

Could this be changed, or can you advise on a workround that doesn’t take hours, please?

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @John OH!

The workaround that Jesse described (making sure that there is data in the column before refreshing the fields in the Zap editor) usually works, so if that’s not working for you could I ask you to please get in touch with the Support Team? You can contact them using the Get Help form, and they’ll be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you. Thanks!

Hello to all,
I have the same problem right now. I added a new field in my MySQL database, also created new data (filled all columns) and then clicked on "Refresh Fields". Unfortunately, the field was not added. When I create a new zap, the field is recognized. But the problem is that the Zap where I need the field is so complicated that I don't really need to recreate it. Also, I then have to edit the webhook url everywhere.

Is there already a new solution?

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hello to all,
I have the same problem right now. I added a new field in my MySQL database, also created new data (filled all columns) and then clicked on "Refresh Fields". Unfortunately, the field was not added. When I create a new zap, the field is recognized. But the problem is that the Zap where I need the field is so complicated that I don't really need to recreate it. Also, I then have to edit the webhook url everywhere.

Thank you!

I’ve found “wait an hour, try again” the only solution.

I think Zapier must be somehow caching the fields in the back end. I often see this, but it’s almost always fixed by the next day (not ideal I know!)

Hello to all,

Thank you!

I’ve found “wait an hour, try again” the only solution.

I think Zapier must be somehow caching the fields in the back end. I often see this, but it’s almost always fixed by the next day (not ideal I know!)

I see, thank you for your response. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future. :-)