Best answer

How do I troubleshoot Google calendar event end times with events created in Any.Do

• 18 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I am struggling to get this zap working correctly. Whenever I create a task in Any.Do I want a detailed calendar event to be created in Google Calendar with reminder notifications. When setting up my zap I can easily choose the start time for the calendar event as it matches up with the due date/time I’ve set in Any.Do however, when I select the “end date/time” field for google calendar in Zapier.. I choose the Any.Do due date/time and then add text that says “+60m” after. Every time I try to test this I get a random event end time for the event zapier creates in my calendar. Example: start date time = 9/18/22 2PM. End date time = 9/18/22 2PM +60m (selecting the data field that zapier pulls from Any.Do and adding 60 minutes). This should create a 1 hour time block for that event but in reality it creates a random duration event. One time it was 4 hours, the next time 5 hours, the third time it was 7 hours and 22m…. 

I’ve gone to my Zapier profile and set my time zone and, my time zone is set up in my calendar app. What gives?

icon

Best answer by Tc0n 27 September 2022, 00:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Tc0n 

Can you share screenshots of your setup, specially how you mapped the any.do part? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Tc0n just checking in here! This is certainly odd behavior so a screenshot of how you have things set up will help us continue to troubleshoot this one with you. Let us know!

Sorry for the late response! I wound up fixing it. Not really sure what all was going on but I deleted the zap and waited several hours before trying again to create the behavior I was looking for. It worked! 

I think ultimately it was a mix of things. I know I made a few syntax boo-boos and probably had some weird caching issues.